HOMEGROWN

Celebrate the culture of agriculture & share skills (Growing! Cooking! Eating!)

All Discussions Tagged 'gardening' (23)

Posts in Category Replies Latest Activity

Growing Collards 101

From HOMEGROWNer Andrew Odom: To borrow a line(s) from Midnight Oil, "The time has come / A fact's a fact / It belongs to them/ Let's giv…

Started by HOMEGROWN.org

2 Nov 16, 2011
Reply by Ellen Peavey

How does someone take an idea for the community and make it grow?

I have this idea, this Johnny Tomato-Seed wish to get packets of organic, heirloom tomato seeds into the hands of people who don't usually…

Started by Kimberly Ann

3 Nov 8, 2011
Reply by Ray T. Goss II

Food Fight! Kids + Food

While I'm not a parent and not a child, I throughly enjoy the lively discussion in the Earth Mamas and Papas group here on HG.org.  I think…

Started by Caroline Malcolm

0 Jun 6, 2011
Reply by Zoubida Ayyadi

How to make seedballs - it's bombing time!

The seedball is one way to show that you love those neglected parts of town, too.Materials:Native, non-invasive, preferably organic seeds…

Started by Cornelia

6 Jun 5, 2011
Reply by Cornelia

Seed Library starting in Oakland, CA - Support Us! :)

We're starting a Seed Library amidst the concrete in Oakland, CA! Please visit our kickstarter site and watch our video...and help support…

Started by Keri Keifer

5 May 1, 2011
Reply by Kristie Nackord

Happy Earth Day!

Happy Earth Day, fellow Homegrowners! Earth Day has always been one of my favorite days of the year.  As a grade schooler I remember sowing…

Started by Caroline Malcolm

0 Apr 22, 2011

Growing garlic in containers?

I came across some rad heirloom garlic yesterday and would love to try planting a few cloves. I don't trust my city soil, and haven't built…

Started by Cornelia

3 Oct 15, 2010
Reply by Ada

Michelle is my hero

Check out this video. I hope it will make your day, as it did mine (and I was having a really crappy day, too).

Started by Liz

0 Aug 31, 2009

Harvesting Angst

Just posted this to my personal blog, and wondered if anyone else felt the same... Liz

Started by Liz

4 Aug 31, 2009
Reply by Liz

Urban Farmers Unite!

I know there are more of you out there. You've made the leap from obsessive gardener to full fledged urban farmer. At one time you were rip…

Started by Dan

13 Jul 6, 2009
Reply by Sherri

RSS

Badge

Loading…

Join us on:

Videos

• Add Videos

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2020   Created by HOMEGROWN.org.   Powered by