2 lbs ripe bananas, 1/4 Cup dried currants, 1/2 Cup Walnut pieces
3 3/4 Cup brown sugar
1 1/3 Cup water
juice of 3 limes
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3 tablespoons of pure vanilla extract (or use real vanilla beans)
- Peel and mash the bananas.
- Combine water, lime juice, sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, over moderate heat and stir until syrup thickens.
- Add the mashed bananas, currants, and walnuts let cook 20 to 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Immediately fill hot pint jars with mixture leaving 1/2" head space.
- Remove trapped air bubbles.
- Wipe jar then adjust two piece caps.
- Process jars in boiling water canner for 10 minutes.